Monday, July 10, 2006

Leaving on a jet train...

We're off on another Adventure tomorrow, departing at 6:23 am from Exeter St. David's. We'll arrive in Pembroke Dock sometime around noon. (Plan is to send our Pembroke Welsh Corgi a postcard from there.) Then we catch the ferry to Rosslare Harbour in Ireland. The next few days involve a fair bit of driving as we visit the Rock of Cashel, drive around the Dingle Peninsula, view the Cliffs of Moher and visit Clonmacnoise. Friday eve we arrive in Dublin and meet up with friends who will have arrived that morning. Saturday will involve touring the must-see sites in the City and we'll fly back to Exeter Sunday afternoon after church. (Not sure where we're going to church, I think I'm leaving that up to Todd to figure out.)

So, sound good to you? (And aren't you very impressed with all my linkage?)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should be great fun. I'm glad I'm going to be part of it! - c.s.

R said...

I am stinking jealous. Say "hi" to Bono for me.

Anonymous said...

I've emailed a couple who are CMS missionaries from Ireland to Uganda about a parish in Dublin. (I think that they are back home in Cork right now.) Waiting to hear back from them....

Anonymous said...

And yes - I am impressed by all your linkage!

Emily said...

Oh yea, Rachel, me and Bono, we go waaaaaayyy back. (Waayer back than I'd like to admit!)

Emily said...

Todd -- sounds good, thanks for working it out!

Laura said...

I remember the first time I heard U2. I was in Nora Trivett's gray LTD with the red interior and we were at the stop light turning right on to the main road (can't remember the name, Coleville? I don't know). Anyway, I think Sunday Bloody Sunday came on or was it Where the Streets have no Name. Anyway, we were like whoa! Who is this?? This is awesome! Anyway a little walk down memory lane, there.

Laura said...

Okay, I said "anyway" three times in my previous comment. That is so funny I am chortling as I type. I used the uniquely inspired word "chortling" to make up for the overuse of the uninspiring word "anyway."