Ds is dissecting a WORM even as we speak.
The odor is taking me back to Mr. MacQueen's 10th grade biology class.
Of course my only distinct memory of that class (other than the smells and how much I hated the dissecting) is when the teacher (said Mr. MacQueen) took me out into the hall for some sort of reprimanding (I think I was talking too much if you can imagine that) and in the process told me I was an "airhead".
I'm not bitter.
UPDATE: Ds says he "has not been able to see any setae or nephridiopores".
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
ok... i just want to say that as soon as i saw a comment about disecting, I immediately thought about taking Biology with Mr. MacQueen... and the smells... and then I continued to read, and pretty much spazzed when I realized I was reading about your experiences with Mr. MacQueen. My biggest memories of that room were sitting on the stools at the the back tables and wondering if I should place my books on the counter top or not...?! hmm... yummy.
Actually it turned out to be pretty much ok. I burned scented candles (Party Lite Spiced Vanilla if you want to know) for an hour or two before he got started and then we opened a bunch of windows in the sun room where he was at work. C (youngest dd) thought it was way cool and didn't want to do her math, she wanted to watch what Z was doing. He made very detailed drawings and all-in-all it worked out.
The week after next it is the crayfish.
I hate worms
Ah, dissections. Happy days, happy days.
So how far up the phylogenetic tree are you going to let him go in the house? Fish? Dare one ask, small mammals?
That should keep C well distracted!
By the way, we need to talk about the homeschooling science curricula at some point, thinking about the future and our own Eldest Daughter.
Todd -- we have a crayfish, perch, and frog all ready to go. That's it. We're stopping there. (No people, says Z, "anytime soon". I think he's thinking about Miss J and the famed visit to the anatomy lab early on in your courtship...)
Post a Comment