Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Dark Chocolate Heaven


Find some of this stuff quick -- maybe they sell it at your local "whole foods" type store. If you're lucky it's in your regular grocery store aisle. I guarantee you're going to be amazed.

In England I could buy it in Sainsbury's for under ₤2. That was cool.

(Thanks to Rachel for reminding me how much I enjoy dark chocolate.)

4 comments:

R said...

I have seen that chocolate, but I have not bought it because I did not know about it. I don't know...maybe it is expensive or something. I will grab some when I am at the store again. We have a really cool natural grocery store that is *not* Trader Joe's but sort of close.

Thanks for the heads up.

Emily said...

It is kinda pricey if you are comparing to Hershey's. But I've seen it go on sale. And you really only *need* about 1/4 of a bar at a time. It's soooo good.

R said...

I did get the chocolate---it is about 3.50 a bar here. Yep, a little pricey, but I go all out for chocolate usually. I was not impressed, really! I think I must get the one you specify on here because I just got the plain dark chocolate (70% cocoa----I like it bitter) and it was not smooth, but was like eating crumbly and old chocolate that has been on the shelves since last Christmas.

I usually buy my chocolate at Trader Joe's and they have the most awesome chocolate straight from Belgium. It is WAY better, but next stop I am getting the one that you said to get first---with orange and spices, right?

Will do.

Emily said...

Well it isn't creamy, that's for sure. But the darkness combined with the orange & spices is just awesome, in my book. If you want creamy then yea, you won't get it in this chocolate. Smooth, but not creamy.

The 70% stuff is pretty intense. My dh got me a bar which was 82% and I couldn't take it. Though my son loved it!

The other thing is that you could be totally right and it's been sitting around too long. I think the bars I got in England were much fresher than what I've gotten here. But I still love it!

I did get their milk chocolate and it's yum yum. Not a very milky chocolate, though. Kinda dark milk chocolate, KWIM?

Oh and WAAHHH I want a Trader Joe's!!! When are we going to get one!!!??