Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I Love A Rainy Night/Day or Random Updates

Anyone remember this song?

With the wonder that is the world wide web I can bring you the lyrics! Cool!

That really wasn't what I was going to say, but since it IS raining, and rather earnestly, that song came into my head as I sat down to post.

So. Tonight friend Rachel is singing in DC and my ds has his first choral concert at the Kiwanis Pancake Supper in Durham. I'm sure both will do fine.

Dd has ballet tonight so younger dd and I will probably drop off ds and hit the mall. Dh was so happy with those jeans he wants me to get him another pair. And you know how glad I am to have an excuse to go to the mall again. Plus I need vacuum cleaner bags. :-)

Speaking of dh, he is off in Indianapolis yakking it up with other academic-types who've received money from Lilly to study youth. I'm sure that'll be great. He's home again tomorrow night.

In other news, over the last few days I put in the 72 or so pansies. The squirrels have already attempted to dislodge several from their carefully chosen spots. I have a real problem with squirrels, on several accounts. They are not making me love them with this aggressive behaviour towards my precious plants.

My parents are having a ball in NZ and will be home in a few weeks. That means we've been back from England almost as long as we were there. Wow. Puts some perspective on it.

Now you're all updated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lilly Endowment, not Pew. - dh

Emily said...

That was a test to see if you were reading carefully.

:-)

Anonymous said...

I used to love that song - now I hate it!!!!

But yes, I have often told Robert how in the dark ages we had to sit there with a cassette player and pen and paper and spend hours trying to figure out the lyrics to a song! He always appropriately rolls his eyes. JK!

Laura said...

That song - grr, that song -- was the song that Craig turned up to full blast and played repeatedly, for 2 hours at least, on the way back from the Sierra Nevada mountain range after he had asked me to marry him...

He put a substitutionary engagement ring on the wrong hand, so I thought it was just a practice run, so when I took the fake-o ring off (since he didn't have one yet b/c he really didn't know if I would say yes or not) and put it back in my pocket he flipped out, that I was saying no again (okay, I had in the past) and got sooo mad that...

he turned on that song and played it repeatedly for about 2 hours until...

we got to a 7-Eleven and said he'd stop playing the song, and stop being mad if I would buy him a Big Gulp.

This is the madness I have endured for the last 17 years. Just kidding. I love my hubby. He's just a little weird.

R said...

love that story, Laura.