

A lot of our family traditions involve sweet (usually baked) things. On Valentine's Day I always make a pink heart-shaped Pavlova topped with whipped cream and strawberries. (You know, I always thought this was a British speciality, but I just read my link and it is actually Australian. I knew it was named after the Russian ballerina though, that part I had right.) My mom used to make this growing up (since we'd lived in NZ and all, as you know) and I've continued the tradition, tying it especially to the 14th of Feb.
So anyway, we enjoyed it this evening after getting home from ds's Bible Study.
Unfortunately dh is stuck in Indiana due to all the snow and planes not being where they are supposed to be. Thankfully he was able to get another 2 nights lodging (South Bend isn't exactly a hot spot this time of year) with no trouble. He'll have to wear the same shirts but that's ok. (As he said, it's not like he's been sweating or anything.)
OK. Not sure how I got from meringue desserts to husbands sweating?

1 comment:
Looks yummy!
Post a Comment