Monday, February 12, 2007

Scrappin'

I'm starting a new project. When I began scrapbooking about 18 months ago one of the first projects I did was a birth to age 5 book for younger dd. Then I did the same for older dd. Ds claimed no interest in me doing the same for him... but I'm doing it anyway.

It turns out our camera and photography skills were somewhat lacking in 1991 when he was born, but since we took so many pics there are few gems in there. At least there are enough to tell the story and support the journalling.

I love Close to my Heart products and am using their 9x9 album, with some Base Pages in Outdoor Denim and Indian Corn Blue along with their new Simply Snapshots album pages in "Rough 'N Tumble". I'll be accenting the blues with Cranberry and Buttercup papers and embellishments.

Don't I sound very official and scrapbook-y?

It's a lot of fun actually. A way for me to be creative and play with pretty paper and ribbons. A time for me to be quiet with my thoughts and memories. Most importantly a way for me to record memories and stories, details of ds's first years that would otherwise be forgotten or not passed down.

Plus the kids and dh enjoy looking at the final product and they always tell me how good I am at it, so that's nice too.

2 comments:

NattaScatta said...

you are VERY good at it.

NattaScatta said...

ps is there a way to turn off the "word verification" thing when one wants to comment... it's totally "irrititating".

zrtdae ???