Saturday, March 10, 2007

Late nights

Last night we (ds, older dd, and I) travelled 1.25 hrs south to Sanford to see Bethany Dillon in concert. She's all of maybe 18?, cute as a button, with an amazing voice and a passionate heart. Opening the "show" was the writer Matthew Paul Turner (former editor of CCM mag and his wife's a scrapbooker don't-ya-know) who spoke for a bit and then the "up-and-coming" band Future of Forestry. I liked them a lot and bought the CD (which is good but the vocal isn't mixed high enough IMHO).

We went with friends (mom and two dds) and had a ball laughing and being silly. Got home pretty late.

So tonight we decided to watch Les Miserables (1998). Dh and I hadn't seen it (neither have we seen the stage version) and ds and dd have been reading about this particular time period so it seemed a good choice.

Of course we just realized a few minutes ago that tonight we set the clocks ahead! Oops!

Anyway the movie was awesome. Incredible story of forgiveness and love. Great acting. France was really a mess back then.

No comments: