Saturday, April 21, 2007

Looking good

So far things look pretty good in the side garden border. Will have to wait and see what happens once the spring flowers go away and the summer heat arrives... what's working right now are the pansies I put in last fall, creeping phlox, lambs ear, and candytuft. The summer perennials (coreopsis, garden phlox, coneflower, black-eyed susan, butterfly weed, creeping verbena, obedient plant, gaura) and lilies are coming up. There are also a few foxglove plants and something I can't remember what it's called... I can't wait for the asiatic lilies, they were so gorgeous the year before last and I missed them last year.

In the small rock garden in the front of the house the ferns and hostas are coming up. There are also columbine, lenten rose, siberian iris, brunnera, bleeding heart, astilbe, and fall-blooming begonia in there. Plus some lily-of-the-valley and a pieris bush.

No comments: