From The Service of Song for Baptist Churches
By faith I see my Saviour dying;
On the tree, on the tree;
To every nation he is crying,
Look to me! Look to me!
He bids the guilty now draw near,
Repent, believe, dismiss their fear.
Hark! Hark! What precious words I hear,
Mercy's free, mercy's free.
Did Christ, when I was in sin pursuing,
Pity me, pity me?
And did he snatch my soul from ruin,
Can it be, can it be?
Oh yes, he did salvation bring,
He is my Prophet, Priest, and King,
And now my happy soul can sing,
Mercy's free, mercy's free.
Long as I live, I'll still be crying,
Mercy's free, mercy's free.
And this shall be my theme when dying,
Mercy's free, mercy's free.
And when the vale of death I've passed,
And lodged above the stormy blast,
I'll sing while endless ages last,
Mercy's free, mercy's free.
-- R. Jukes, 1842
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment