Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter & Happy Birthday

After ds's play last eve we headed across the street to our friendly neighborhood Borders to wait for midnight to strike. I had the book in my hands at 12:20 am. Having had coffee at about 11 (half-decaf) in order not to fall over (and because the a/c was making me cold) I stayed up until just after 2 reading. Then I carefully placed the book on the chair next to older dd's bed so that she "didn't have to get out of bed" when she started reading it at 5:30 (she set her alarm). She has it first, until tomorrow night, and then ds has it until he finishes it.

The girls are at Grandad's this evening, for an overnight, while the boys are all here for ds's party. Right now there are 7 of them (aged 14-19) on the back porch, (dh is there too -- he's over 40) having just finished basketball, pizza, drinking soda and playing "Catch Phrase" (the electronic version). The thing is beeping away and every few minutes there is loud laughter.

I have brownies in the oven for ice cream sundaes later.

Then the plan is to play "Diplomacy" for a while and finish off the evening with a viewing of "War of the Worlds".

Tomorrow the celebrating will continue. After church we'll have steak-umm sandwiches (by request) and birthday cake & icecream. Then we'll head off with Grandad to see our local community performance of "South Pacific". After that ds will open his presents... finally! After that we'll visit ds's favorite chinese buffet for dinner.

And that will do it folks, until next year at this time.

1 comment:

R said...

And how the heck do you stay so thin? I would be bringing some power bars in my purse so I wouldn't have to eat the food...

Ah, there's my secret. Crap. I just told it to you.