Friday, July 13, 2007

July 12, 1993

Interestingly, July 12, 2007 passed without me remembering to comment on it here and in truth, without me even pausing to remember during my full day of car/house cleaning & grocery shopping that it was a significant date. I remembered on July 11 that the next day was going to be July 12 but on July 12 it escaped me (that it was July 12).

Though it is kind of cool in a somewhat distant way that I posted about a peace lily on that day... dd's name meaning "peace" and all. Plus the blooming.

Anyway, July 12, 1993 was when our older dd was tiny and just 6 days old and underwent (is that a word?) open heart surgery to correct her transposition of the great arteries/vessels. It was long and difficult but in the end she came through and was put right.

It was at once the most trying and the most blessed of days. I don't want to go on... but I do want to remember and be thankful.

No comments: