For us, today marks the beginning of the ending of summer and the beginning of the beginning of fall and back to the books, classes, schedules.
Older dd's season with her synchro team begins this morning. I'm hoping/praying for a good skate for her. This team will be significantly more challenging than last year's, but I absolutely know she's up to it, it'll mean hard work though, that's for sure! Another transition for her is that she'll be switching dance coaches. The one she's worked with "from the start" is not coming to our rink anymore... and we don't want to drive 50 mins each way to her when we have a rink & coaches 6 mins away. Hoping all that will work out. I think she will miss E. She continues with coach D who will add primary responsibility for moves and continue freestyle.
Tomorrow (Sunday, I know. It stinks. So I'm not Eric Liddell.) the girls each test. Older dd is testing juvenile moves, a pre-bronze dance, and pre-preliminary freestyle. We're not sure she'll pass the moves, the others should be a piece of cake, especially the freestyle! (She had not been testing freestyle because she didn't want to compete individually, but her coach encouraged her to just go ahead & begin the process just in case... it also helps her gain her skills in a more organized fashion. At least I think that's the idea!) Younger dd has her first moves test, pre-preliminary.
Yesterday younger dd's furniture arrived and we set everything up in her bedroom. It looks fab!! I'm so pleased with how it fits in her room and with how it functions. So nice when things actually work out to be as good or even better than you hoped! The rest of the house is starting to pile up with things that will go in the truck when it comes on Tuesday... Older dd's bed comes then as well. (We'll order the rest of her stuff when we get back from our trip.)
I think I'm pretty much ready for homeschooling to start... have to spend some time getting the first few weeks' schedules down on paper and finalizing some details. I do the bulk of my preparation in the early summer, right after we finish up, so that I can feel more mentally free during July & August. Our first actual day will be on Friday, Sept. 7, when the kids start their weekly homeschool tutorials (something new for us this year!). More on that later, I imagine.
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Test on the Sabbath? Wha???!!!
LOL! I kill myself!
I hope your fall is as eventful and fruitful as mine needs to be.
i just read your frienship blog. i got teary-eyed... mostly becuase you said that i will always be your best friend and that made me so happy!!! but also because of the fact that i recently left friends. the nice thing is that i am able to stay connected with them now that we have web cams and email and instant messaging and cell phones and... the list continues!!! xoxo
R, when I first read that I thought you meant by "my fall" some sort of reference to a fall from grace because my dds are testing on Sunday... and somehow you were saying that you needed to fall too?? ANYway now that I re-read it an hour later I see what you're talking about!!! LOL
Awww Natty it'll be ok. Actually when I wrote that post later I thought, duh Natalie just left "all" her friends too. That was in there in my mind it just didn't make it into the poast.
But you're right, there are lots more ways to keep in touch now. It's really possible to keep a friendship current from a distance.
XOXO
Post a Comment