The statistics on ND losing a season opener at home are crazy. It just doesn't happen.Oh well. It was hot and "our" team played badly.
Still, for me the first 30 minutes made it all worthwhile. When I first stepped into the stadium it felt surreal. A world unto itself.
The band was incredible. They poured out from under our seats and moved as one across the field. There were tall people dressed in Irish garb. (I can't remember what they were called but I do know you have to be 6'3" to be one.) Then the team ran out and everyone cheered ecstatically and the cheerleaders ran down the entire length of the field in front of them while holding hands... well, one could not remain unmoved.
The whole thing had a liturgical feel about it, commented dh.


4 comments:
how did you get your picasa collage to not repeat pictures?! i am fascinated by your photos.
Natalie, emailed ya.
Don't tell my dh about that "liturgical feel" comment!!! He already goes on and on about sports as a religion, mostly when I'm talking about the Panthers or the Tar Heels!
I am *so* jealous - I'm a big Irish fan. Although 0-3 is not very liturgical. This year is going to be painful.
Post a Comment