Friday, November 02, 2007

Spraining herself

Last night at ballet older dd fell while en pointe and sprained her ankle -- the same one she injured about 5 weeks ago. So, that means at least a week off from ballet & skating. And it probably means she needs to get some help strengthening her "weak ankle". Maybe there is something to the theory that goes around that skating boots are too supportive and can result in skaters not having strong enough ankles? Or is en pointe ballet just that risky? It is interesting that all her injuries to date have been sustained OFF the ice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that she hurt herself!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the ankle injury. Hoping it heals soon. Perhaps strengthening is indeed in order. But I know very little about skating, sports, etc.

Lynn

Anonymous said...

I feel so special!

Emily said...

well you are darlin'!