Sunday, March 16, 2008

A strange Palm Sunday...

for me, since I didn't go to church (just couldn't bring myself to show up when I'm not really supposed to be here, KWIM?)

I do think that's a first.

Anyway, we're getting back on a plane (or two) in the morning, leaving home to go home to our home-away-from-home.

Got it?

I had a quiet few days here... but it is weird to feel like a visitor in my own house. 2/5 of the family is missing, well actually 3/6 if you count the dog. Yea, I think he should be counted. So the house doesn't SOUND like home and it doesn't SMELL like home.

No food here, so I picked up a few yummies at TJ's. (Did I mention we have one now in Chapel Hill? Yup.) Stayed up both Friday & Saturday night catching up on bills, paperwork, organizing some scrapbooking stuff, email, and doing 1/3 of the taxes (finished Federal for the most part, still have two states to go.) Fun. Spent half of yesterday outside cleaning up the flower beds, watering the poor thirsty plants, and this afternoon I fed them and sprayed the poor bitten-off stubs of green with deer repellent.

It did rain here last evening for several hours which was truly appreciated.

Ds & dd had a great time and learned some things, I think. It was worth the trip. But I'm glad our family will be back together and "home" for Holy Week and I am looking forward to Easter Sunday.

No comments: