Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Few Good Days

Yesterday was dreary here (weather-wise) so the kids & I made the best of it. Got up kinda late, did a bit of shopping (a very small bit) in the afternoon. Listened to books-on-tape (older dd), played with neighbor friend (younger dd), listened to music (ds). Dh was in Chicago all day for a meeting. I caught up on chores and just basically did my mom thing. Younger dd's friend stayed overnight -- they set up beds in the basement.

I made a batch of Homemade Gourmet's "Breakfast Puffs" for a treat first thing this morning... younger dd and friend M played for a few more hours. And then we headed out to our "regular" service which is late -- 11:45 am! We like this one at the Basilica best -- the music is done by the Notre Dame Folk Choir (odd name, I know). They are awesome. (Check out audio samples here.)

Late lunch (dinner, I guess) of ham (leftover from Easter), cooked carrots, homemade shells-and-cheese, sourdough bread, applesauce. And yummy Peppermint Chocolate Wafer Cookies for dessert. (I'll try to post the recipe later...)

A short nap... and we decide spontaneously to make a visit to the Snite Museum of Art on campus before it closed. (Younger dd stayed next door to play with her friend some more.) We had about 1.5 hours there. It's an interesting place (at least I thought so!) They have quite a varied collection and right now there are several student art exhibits up, which were different, that's for sure! (And hey, it's free admission.)

Back home and we thought, let's take a bike ride! (Hey, it's NOT raining and NOT snowing! Let's go!) Older dd decided to stay home, younger dd and M joined us.

To close out the day, dh took the kids to see "Horton Hears a Who". I'm home by myself. Ahhhhh....

Oh and I thought this tree looked cool against the sky.

No comments: