I spent much of the afternoon going in-and-out of furniture stores (used, consignment, new) along the main drag in town, looking for pieces we now "need" for our upstairs re-do.
There are now 4 rooms upstairs: immediately to the left when you arrive on the landing will be my office/craft room/guest room (what used to be ds's room), straight ahead is the bathroom, to the right is the kids-hang-out-room, to the right of that is ds's bedroom.
I am looking for some sort of seating/sleeping piece for my office, seating for the hang-out room, and a dresser for ds. (We took his old dresser to SB and the one he is using right now is too small -- plus I need it for my office/guest room.)
First I visited two consignment stores but didn't see anything suitable. Then, on to Ashley where I found a few options. Haverty's was next -- again, a few possibilities. Last, I visited a the Better Sleep Store. A futon might be a good choice.
When this project is done there will be no rooms in this house that have not been painted and/or re-furnished since we moved in over 8 years ago. Yay!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment