ETA: (Friday) Visitation with the family will be Saturday and the service is to be on Sunday afternoon. Hopefully the weather (TS Hanna) will not make it even more difficult.
Our life continues on much as it were... our friends' lives are fundamentally changed. I can hardly wrap my brain around it. Please continue to pray. Thank you.
==================
Yesterday morning the 52-year old wife of dh's dear friend died suddenly. It's so shocking -- we spent an afternoon & evening with them a few weeks ago and she was healthy, energetic, excited about her work, full of plans for the future and stories to tell about their grown children.
We're reeling. Dh is spending a lot of time with his friend. The funeral will be this weekend.
I'm hugging my little one, finding I have a whole lot of patience & passion for all the loved ones in my life, and feeling grateful for another day to be with them.
Please pray for our friend and for the three now-motherless young adults left behind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh, Emily, I am so sorry. I know exactly how you feel, having lost a dear friend (as I'm sure you remember) who lay down to take a nap and never woke up. She was apparently healthy and 44 years old.
It reminds me of the phrase that we should love our children like we won't have them tomorrow and teach our children like they won't have us tomorrow.
Again, Emily, I am so very sorry for your loss.
Lynn
I am very sorry, Emily. Would this happen to be the wife of the couple who have a weekend house near us? I remember you saying you were going to their house a few weeks ago.
Praying for all concerned!
Thank you Lynn. I did remember.
And yes, Jeanne, it is.
Thank you for your prayers!
Post a Comment