Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tarheels take on Irish



Dh and older dd are downstairs watching the game together... hopefully the father-daughter relationship will survive. So far so good. I recommended to dh that he avoid "us" and "them" language, at least for this game. Older dd is sensitive to the realignment of loyalties that has occured in the last few years.

In other news, I did some more baking this morning: 2 dozen blueberry muffins (sweetened with honey, Mom!), 1 large loaf and 4 mini loaves of banana bread (sweetened with sugar but 1/2 whole wheat flour). Most of it is going in the freezer.

I also worked a bit outside in the flower beds. Pulled out some rampant lambs ear and prepared a small new bed. Scattered some perennial seed that I got earlier this summer (some kind of mix). No idea if anything will come up, just experimenting.

Earlier in the day, I drove back and forth to the rink 4 times (lessons, off-ice class, synchro practice, teaching...) It's a good thing it is only about 5 miles away.

So now it's time to prepare for next weeks' homeschooling.

No comments: