Saturday, November 15, 2008

Our Saturday

This morning younger dd competed in a small local Basic Skills competition at our rink. She skated to a medley of songs from "Oliver!" including parts of I'd Do Anything, Who Will Buy?, and Consider Yourself. She did very well and enjoyed herself, I think.

Older dd watched the competition with us and then had an off-ice training class followed by off-ice synchro. Then she had a lesson (working on Intermediate moves) after which she taught for half-an-hour during the weekly Learn-to-Skate classes. Her new group for this session is the adults! After that there was Nutcracker-on-Ice practice.

Younger dd took a break after the competition but then was back on the ice for her group Nutcracker practice ("Waltz of the Flowers") and then the general Nutcracker practice where she's in some kind of Christmas Tree dance.

This afternoon the kids & dh watched UNC football while I caught up on life (bills, emails, scheduling, photo editing, etc.) Earlier ds went to a birthday party at one of those local indoor fun & games places.

It's been windy, rainy & warm here in central NC and it's still blowing around a good bit out there.

Enjoy your Sunday.

1 comment:

Lynn Hasty said...

You had a full day! I know how it is to have to take a break to do "life" things. Right now I have a full-page to-do list. I must spend some time on it tomorrow!

Lynn