Friday, December 26, 2008

Wrap Rage & "Toy Packaging"

A few days ago I was in Home Depot and saw this:

Immediately, I knew I had to have it.

Have you ever suffered wrap rage? (Dumb question, I know you have.) If so, dear reader, you need this thing too.

Totally made my Christmas Day just that much more peaceful and happy. I think we utilized it a dozen or more times. And we're not even big into the type-of-presents-to-which-this-product-applies anymore.

Finally, one of my favorite songs on my new Sara Groves' CD (which, if you are a fan, you must get. Now.) is "Toy Packaging". (Go here for a clip.) Here are the lyrics:


Toy Packaging
By Sara Groves and Ben Shive

Nothing makes me loose my cool like
toy packaging
ask the kids to leave the room for
toy packaging
I have no choice the money’s spent
I’ve worked for hours to make a dent
guess it’s anger management
Toy packaging

Nothing makes me lose my cool like
toy packaging
Ask the kids please leave the room, it's time for
toy packaging
Every adhesive known to man is holding down this Robot man
my self-esteem is in the can
toy packaging
In the old days you could hold a box and shake it
and hear the pieces rattling around
My eyes tear up at these grommets, tape and twisty ties
Remembering that beautiful sound

Nothing makes me lose my cool like
toy packaging
Kids you need to leave the room, mom's opening
toy packaging
I'm sorry you have to see this sight
You must be brave, no please don't cry
I promise it will be alright
I hope to have it by tonight
nevermind this dynamite
toy packaging

2 comments:

NattaScatta said...

Okay, what is that thing called and how much did it cost?! I need to get one!!!

Emily said...

Oh my, yes you do! You have years of evil packaging ahead of you.

I'll email ya.