Friday, May 01, 2009

7 Quick Takes


1. Several dr. visits this week... older dd is coming down to the end of almost 2 years in braces and is hoping they will be coming off in mid-July (in time for an August drama camp)... younger dd had to have a tooth pulled -- the stubborn thing would not get out of the way for its more mature replacement... older dd visited the optometrist who confirmed that she does indeed need a stronger prescription and that one eye has developed astygmatism.
2. Today is beautiful -- warm, breezy, sunny. The kind of weather (however) that makes me not want to do anything particularly productive! The pollen has been quite heavy for the last few weeks... most everything outside is covered with yellow dust and bits of tree.
3. My flower beds are looking good! This year I am using these flower supports on some of my more flop-prone plants. So far, so good. I'm also experimenting with pinching to help with this problem.
4. Unfortunately I'm a bit worried about the holly bushes & viburnum that I put in a few weeks ago. The dirt in the bed they went into is quite soggy. Pretty much mud, actually. It's kind of disappointing since we bought that dirt especially to put in this raised flower bed. Not sure what I'll do if these bushes don't survive...
5. Tomorrow the kids are singing the National Anthem for a Durham Bulls game. (I can hear younger dd humming the tune in the other room...). We have a large picnic area and catered dinner for the whole group (choristers and families). Should be fun!
6. Tomorrow evening (after the baseball game) ds and older dd are going to their first official dance, put on by and for homeschoolers and their friends... they are excited. Dd found a very pretty (floor-length) dress at a local consignment shop. If I can get some good pics I'll post them!
7. Today begins the May Layout-a-Day Scrapbooking Challenge (see blinkie over there to the left). I'm not sure I'm motivated to actually do it... but probably if I get going with it I'll be happy I did. (Did that sentence make any sense?)
Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: