Last week younger dd spent her days (Mon-Fri, 10 am to 4 pm) in a local church basement with about 20 others (kids & a few young adults) putting together a production of The Wizard of Oz.
Younger dd had the role of Jade, the Wizard's maid. The show was Friday night. She did a super job! (Lots of flitting around stage making fun of the "Captain of the Guard" and saying things like "I dust, I dust! I dust because I must!")

This week (and next) older dd and ds are in the same church (basement and sanctuary) working on Thornton Wilder's The Matchmaker. Ds has the role of Horace Vandergelder, a "merchant of Yonkers" and older dd is Minnie Fay, Mrs. Molloy's assistant in the hat shop. (In case you didn't know, Hello, Dolly! is the musical version of this play.)
So, that will pretty fun to see... the show is next weekend, two performances (Friday and Saturday evenings). If you're local, come and enjoy!

2 comments:
that was the first show i was ever involved in *The Matchmaker*... i was on stage crew (in middle school). Cuz Pete was one of Vandergelder's employees... I can't remember which female he was the love interest of. But he was hysterical! Very fun show!
And of course Wizard of Oz is close to my heart since that was the first show i directed!!! ;)
That's so cool! Thanks for sharing. :-)
Post a Comment