Friday, January 01, 2010

It's a New Dawn, It's a New Day... and I'm Feeling Good.

1.  Last night we stayed up 'til midnight watching the final episodes of the Next Food Network Star.  This is our new family New Year's Eve tradition.  We are all about meaningful traditions around here and since the last two years we've actually had cable TV (due to the college basketball season), we (logically) watch it on New Year's Eve.  And since Food Network is the (logical) choice of what-to-watch...  well, you see it all makes sense, right? 

[Melissa the stay-at-home-mom won, BTW.  I'm so out of it that I don't even know if this show was real or a repeat.... anyone?]

2.  Since staying up past midnight is No Big Deal around here now that we have a kid in college, it all seemed kind of anti-climactic.  Older two kept making grand statements about the new decade and such.  I kept reminding them that it was only just 5 minutes past where we were 5 minutes ago.  They didn't appreciate my cold, hard logic.  I did wake up 11-year-old daughter at midnight and wish her Happy New Year.  Tjhis morning she claimed  that I forgot.

3.  Today is also the Last Full Official Day of Weekday Freedom before The Madness Begins Again next week.  [The Madness refers to the driving, driving, driving that will ensue...  I've been pretty much free of this since May of the last year in the previous decade so I think it will be a shock to my system to begin again.] 

I plan to enjoy my last day of freedom by scrapbooking to my heart's content. 

I know, I'm totally spoiled.

4.  What to do when I run out of things to chat about and I'm only at #4 and there's supposed to be 7 items? 

5.  Just make random, meaningless comments, I guess.  Just like if we were talking in real life.

6.  Yeah, that's a good idea.

7.  Happy 2010!

[And LMK if you are going to say "two-thousand-and-ten" or "twenty-ten" or "O-ten" -- the last choice being incorrect but one that I keep hearing...  people are confused, basically.]

No comments: