Saturday, July 22, 2006

Off to London-town

I just realized that since Sundays are computer-free in our family that I should post tonight on our London plans. Are you getting tired of hearing of all of our travels? Bear with me for just a wee bit more... and we'll be home and back to life stateside where travel is pretty much confined to Routes 40, 85 and 86.

Anyway, Monday morning we'll tackle the list of last minute things-to-do. Our train departs just after noon and arrives into Waterloo Station just before 4. We'll be staying at the Penn Club a B&B run by the Quakers.

On our list while in London: the hop-on-hop-off bus tour which includes a River Thames cruise, viewing the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, a visit to Westminster Abbey and St. Paul's Cathedral, the Tower of London, and of course a look at the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben.

On Tuesday the older two children and I will go to a matinee of The Phantom of the Opera. We also all want to take in the London Eye.

The British Museum and the National Gallery are also on our must-do list.

Wow, now that I type this all out it looks like a LOT! We are there Monday afternoon until Friday eve, departing for home on Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

NattaScatta said...

looks excellent! especially the part about phantom of the opera, yay!

looks like we are going to arrive at Mom and Dad's on August 16th in the morning. what do you think?

R said...

Ok, um, I am jealous, allright?