Thursday, August 03, 2006

What Not To Do, Part 2

Do not, let me repeat, do not go outside in bare feet and with bare legs in the middle of summer in North Carolina. And do not walk on the "grass" (I put it in quotes because there is no grass, it's just the part of the yard that is supposed to have grass and there is some sort of green matter here and there but I don't know if it is actually grass) in said bare feet. And do not enter the wooded areas around your property, at all.

It is a bad idea to do this.

And if you do, you will most likely come in contact with a "sign and reminder of the Fall" known as the chigger.

I would post a photo (not of the chigger -- the legs) but y'all would be truly disgusted.

Suffice to say these legs have seen better days. And that I sure hope things improve soon as I am supposed to get into the bathing suit at my parents' house in a week or so.

No comments: