
This is what is blooming in the pots on my deck. I love the colors.
The Women's Retreat was pretty good. I slept and ate really well. The dining room staff was awesome -- they would come out of nowhere and take my tray and appear out of thin air with more coffee, etc. The speaker was thought-provoking (more on that later if I can get those provoked thoughts together) and I spent some time with existing friends and made a few new ones, I think. I also hiked up a rather steep mountain trail on Saturday with a friend I haven't seen in a while, so that was nice. (We did walk back down, too.)
So dh is off at the un-named University hosting candidates for a faculty position. He's travelling a TON between now and Christmas.
Older dd has a head cold and is miserable. She skated really hard this morning during her lesson and afterwards -- probably not a good idea. No ballet class for her this evening.
Ds is working hard on completing his latest book. He's hoping to have it finished by the end of the month, but isn't sure he's going to make that deadline. We're thinking about trying to get this one actually published. That'd be kinda cool.
Oh and did I say that I joined the church choir? It's great to be singing again.

No comments:
Post a Comment