Wednesday, October 25, 2006

43

Just a quick post to say Happy Birthday to me.

Because I can.

This morning we did school. Ds dissected a frog. We are celebrating that he no longer has to do any dissections. His whole entire life.

After lunch we went to the rink for skating. Met up with friend ML and chatted with her. The computerized lady said "Happy Birthday" to me when I scanned my membership card. I had her do it a bunch times just for fun.

My parents called from NZ which was really nice. It was weird because they were talking to me on Thursday the 26th where they were but it was still Wednesday the 25th here. Anyway, they are doing good and will come home with lots of stories and film to get developed, I think.

My 40 year-old sister (as of Monday) also called me.

Dh (who is now 46, also as of Monday) did the dishes after dinner and my dds made apple crisp for dessert. It was yummy and there is some left over for breakfast. Yay.

I got myself a 16 oz. latte while younger dd was at her piano lesson. Then had a very quick dinner with the fam, and drove ds to his weekly Bible study. Then to church for a meeting, and choir.

So there ya go. A birth-day.

6 comments:

R said...

Happy birthday!!! I hope you get to go out to dinner at some point instead of running your kids all over the place. Gee whiz!

Emily said...

Yah well there is a plan to do that possibly Friday evening. :-)

MLight said...

Happy Birthday! (late)

Emily said...

To you too!! (late) :-)

R said...

Good for you! I wondered about that! Have fun tonight!

By the way---saw your husband's article in Books and Culture yesterday (we get it in the mail).

Emily said...

Yea, what can I say, I have a famous dh. Did you notice they spelled his name wrong in the table of contents?