Spent much of the afternoon in the kitchen preparing for tomorrow's feast.
I baked three pies -- pumpkin, apple, and pecan. Put together our traditional "special day" casserole Heavenly Carrots, made a batch of Cheese Biscuits (like cheese straws only flat & round), and a batch of Pecan Pralines.
We are having a small family Thanksgiving tomorrow. My father-in-law will come over mid-morning and we'll eat turkey, etc. at around 2 pm, if all goes according to plan.
To keep everyone content in the late morning I'll set out the Cheese Biscuits, cashews, and clementines (so happy they are back again!).
For Dinner here's our very basic but hopefully yummy menu:
Roast Turkey (obviously)
Homemade Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Cranberry Sauce (the kind from a can)
Stuffing (Big admission here: it's going to be Stove Top because I've finally accepted that's what my family likes; if I was feeding myself only it'd be homemade with All Manner of Things in it, but I am not, thankfully, only cooking for myself!)
Heavenly Carrots (mentioned above)
Sister Schubert's rolls (these are too good and couldn't be easier)
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Apple Pie
Pecan Pralines
... and of course there'll be ice cream and/or whipped cream to go along with the pies.
Not so healthy. But we'll be happy.
What are *you* serving/having?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The real bare basics:
Turkey
No gravy (I only like it and so what is the point?)
green beans
some potato
yams (only for me, but I HAVE to have them)
cranberries (from a can of course---ick)
rolls (homemade)
stuffing (in the bird---no one likes that either, but I will make it anyway)
Dessert:
Pumpkin Pie
Light Pumpkin Cheesecake (for me)
As you can tell, there are very few things anyone wants to eat around here! I have to throw in a vegetable at least though!
I am listening to the new Sarah McLachlan CD at six in the morning (couldn't sleep) and I am so jealous. Her voice is like butter.
it all sounds oh, so, yummy!
Post a Comment