Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A mini rant

Finding an attractive, reasonably modest, fairly-priced dress in the right size for a 13 year-old is pretty much a can't-do proposition. It's super discouraging. I just really hate shopping for clothes. For me, for her... basically shopping for clothing for a female stinks.

Actually I might not even care so much about the price if we could find something that was basically attractive. Yea, attractive would be nice. I'll even give a little on modest if we can find something that just isn't ugly.

LMK if you can help me here.

UPDATED: to say we found the Perfect Dress at Dillard's! (Which BTW has come through for me several times in the past. I just need to remember to go there first.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started shopping for my soon to be 11 yo in the women's section of the thrift store. I have found some really nice things for her!

NattaScatta said...

im sorry i mentioned a dress. did i make you feel like you had to buy one? the skirt would have been fine.

Emily said...

ah it's fine ... E is so happy with her pretty new dress and sandals :-)

our church is fairly casual so she doesn't really have any reason to dress up, this is a treat for her!