This is cool because I'm sitting at the local rink/pool/rec center while youngest dd and her friend skate, updating my blog all the while. There are a zillion kids milling about making a lot of noise... the rink/pool/rec center has camp (read daycare) during the summer. It's a zoo. Rain is coming down really hard outside right now which is a good thing. Though I hope it pauses for a few minutes so I can drive home unimpeded.
Ds is gone today on a youth group trip, white water rafting. Plus they are climbing some kind of official climbing wall... the only time I went white water rafting was when I was about 15 and we had to wear these black rubbery wetsuits. I remember it being freezing, but that was eastern PA so maybe a different story from western NC in July.
We've decided to pack up a truck and take up some of our older furniture and other items we can part with to help furnish the house in SB. We'll go up in late Aug and stay for a week or so. This means the girls are getting new bedroom furniture! Amazing. What they have now is a combination of free, free, and free, with a few coats of paint applied here and there. This morning we went looking. Younger dd has her heart set on a loft/bed/dresser/desk combo very-cool thing and older dd is hoping for a day bed. So exciting.
Yesterday older dd got braces. They are bothering her kind of a lot. Hopefully she'll be back to normal in a few days... they are on for 18 months.
Guess that's all for now.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment