Sometimes things just don't go the way we want them to.
Four weeks ago tonight older dd fell while en pointe at ballet and suffered a bad sprain to her ankle. It's been a slow road to full recovery and she's been out of skating (and out of dance, obviously) since. The dr. has ok'd her getting back on the ice next week.
The injury meant she missed the Judge's Critique two weeks ago and cannot skate in the team's first competition this weekend.
The plan was for her to go with the team anyway... but then a few days ago she came down with a sore throat that took a turn for the worse yesterday. And so now she is home in bed instead of heading to Michigan this afternoon.
It's tough. She's sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
awww I hope she feels better soon! I am sure the disappointment out weighs the illness in her eyes. Its hard to make the right decisions for them too. Hugs to you both.
Thanks emily for the correct information about the 12 Days of Christmas -- I guess I never knew!
Loved the link to the Mom song at You Tube, very fun!
Post a Comment