Monday, January 07, 2008

And now, for something completely different...

Moomin Light's "Friday Linkfest" led me to a list of "The Most Dangerous Roads in the World". I was reminded of a road dh & I travelled on (in a tourist bus, of course) in 1988 during our travels around South America. Did a quick web search and wha-la found a pic.

It's the "Road from Aguas Calientes up to Machu Picchu" in Peru.

Oh and here is a photo of the ruins themselves. And, see that little hill just behind and to the right of the ruins. Yah, that would be the one dh and I decided to climb. On a whim. With no water. And I was in a dress and wore sandals.

But we did make it to the top and it was a pretty amazing view. I should definitely dig out those slides and post a few.

No comments: