Attended a church service this morning at St. David's in North Hollywood. So nice to be able to take Eucharist. Then headed south to Santa Monica for some afternoon fun on the Pier. Walked all the way to the end, took lots of pics, oohed & aahed over the view of the Pacific. The part with the rides reminded me of the Jersey Shore boardwalks... dh, ds, and older dd rode the coaster and younger dd did the bungie thingamajig. Then we drove a bit south to Venice Beach where we rented bikes and rode back up to Santa Monica, and back. OK, a sea of humanity, that's all I can say. Lots of black clothing, tatoos, piercings, muscles, strange outfits, rollerblading, drumming, yoga, street performers, crafts & other wares for sale, tons of people, etc. etc. Something to see, I suppose. Drove back to our lodgings, picked up Frescheta pizza & bag caesar salad at Ralph's, ate dinner and crashed. 


3 comments:
Hello, stumbled in via blogger and was interested in your posts about homeschooling. I want to homeschool my future children and am reading everything I can about it now. Thanks for the posts!
You're welcome. :-)
Emily, I loved catching up with you this morning on your blog. The snow video is very cute. I cannot imagine that much snow at one time, with more falling!
Glad you were able to get some fun travel in! I would love to see California.
Lynn
Post a Comment