We bravely ventured forth to the Frank Eck Stadium this evening to watch the "inherently dangerous game" of baseball, Notre Dame Irish vs. Toledo Rockets. Younger dd's neighbor friend joined us. It was fun, if kind of cold towards the end. (Note the beautiful blue sky.)Did you know that each player that comes up to bat (these days) has a song that accompanies them to the plate? (I didn't know this. It's helpful to have teenage children from which one can learn things.) So, some guys go up to bat being serenaded by CCR, others by nameless rappers, one or two by Van Halen-wannabes. One guy's song was by Steven Curtis Chapman.
Best part was the game was free with dh's faculty ID. Oh, and they were giving out t-shirts to all attendees. Love that.
I'll leave you with a pic of ds. Dh and I love to drive our kids nuts singing along to all the songs from the 70s & 80s that get played at these sorts of events. (I't s kind of scary actually how many stupid songs I know all the lyrics too. I think I've mentioned this before. Plus I usually know what the name of the band is too.) Anyway, this is what ds does when his mother starts to sing Pat Benatar's "Hit me with your Best Shot". Loudly.


1 comment:
It's funny. I am forgetting the lyrics to just about everything. I think I have lost my mind.
You sound sharp as a tack. Be thankful!!!! :)
Like your profile pic! Cute!
Post a Comment