Friday, April 11, 2008

River Ride

It was very windy today, but sunny and warm (note the lack of jackets in the picture). So we went for a bike ride along the River (which was very high and flooded in spots). Ds and younger dd were riding their used/new bikes. So now we all have wheels... and we hope to put them to good use over our remaining few weeks here!

I was remembering that just two years ago, almost to the day, our family was newly arrived in Exeter, England for our four month stay, and we took a loooong bike ride along the Exe Canal and River.

The trail goes for 6 miles. We'll see if we can do the whole thing soon.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lynn Hasty said...

Emily, I loved catching up with your adventures for the last few days. It seems Nomos is just an out-of-control hamster, but you all handle her very well. The throws are great! It puts me in the mood to do one myself, but perhaps I'll wait until the fall. The bike ride looks great and I DO agree with you on Josh Groban's voice! Can we try to get together after you've had a chance to get settled back into home for awhile? I would love to talk with you.

Lynn

PS -- I think the garden faeries are probably keeping the deer away from your candytuft. The faeries are very abundant this year. ~:-D

Emily said...

Sure, Lynn, I'd love to get together! And I hope you're right about the garden faeries... or at least the Deer-Off spray that I left for my fil to use! ;-)