Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Coffee House gig

Two Fridays ago (that long!) I was out in Idaho (Nampa, to be exact) singing with my sisters. Fun! What a treat. We played here for almost 2 hours. Our sets included a handful of original songs (written by sis L, my dh, and friend R) and a bunch of covers: Alison Krauss ("Sleep On", When you say nothing at all") Little Big Town's "Stay", Sara Groves ("Fly"), Dylan ("Tomorrow is a Long Time"), The Judds' "Grandpa" and The Beatles' "I Will". Plus a few gospel tunes ("Walk with Me", "Give me Jesus") and an a capella version of "When God dips His pen in my Heart". Sis N was on keyboard, Sis L played acoustic guitar, and we had the awesome Troy H. on guitars & bass.

It was way fun and I am excited to do it again in July -- even better next time!

4 comments:

R said...

Wish I could have seen it!!!!!!!

Emily said...

Me too. L & N did an beautiful job on your tune "You Alone". Twice! ;-)

MLight said...

Sounds like fun!

Laura said...

R, I wish you could have seen it too! Em have you checked out her song blog? R you need to send her the link.
Em looking forward to July! Will be so much fun to sing 2gether again.
Don't fall over - I'm actually "getting out?" and reading blogs today.