Friday, June 13, 2008

"The Tyranny of the Urgent," or "I Know Life is Not a 'Most Busiest' Competition"

but if it was I think I'd be in the running.

So far today I've gotten up, (not taken a shower), let the dog out, made coffee, answered a few emails, got younger dd up, took dds to the rink, bought a new punch card, paid for two lessons, discovered that we had the lesson times wrong so adjusted our plan a bit, took a call from ds who needed red cabbage for a chemistry experiment, spoke with the coach to make sure I could leave younger dd on the ice while older dd had her lesson, drove home, stopping on the way to get red cabbage at the store, assisted ds in completing his experiment (after making sure with him on the phone that we had all the right ingredients), called friend of ds to change the time that I'm picking him up later today, called the Salon to change the time of older dd's appt today since I realized last night that the time I had booked won't work (left a msg), drove back to the rink to pick up dds, waiting while older dd had off-ice with the coach, drove home while taking a call from the Salon confirming a new appt time for next week. OK so now I'm home... for some reason I feel inspired to type this all out in a blog entry even though I should be taking a shower, because I need to make lunch so that we can leave here in about 50 minutes to take ds to his guitar lesson. During his lesson I will take dd over to Tarjay so she can try to find a new purse since the one she bought 2 weeks ago broke apart and I had to return it the other day but they didn't have another one of the same kind to replace it. So anyway, we'll do that while ds learns more about guitar playing, then we'll leave there and pick up his friend (who is in his movie and needs to be at the shoot later today). We'll come home, hang for an hour or so, and then head to my fil's house for the evening's filming.

Or at least that's the plan.

Thankfully, even though the last few weeks have been kinda like this, life is not always like this. That would make me nuts for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine who had 4 dc once had an incredibly busy day of driving their teens all over creation to 50 million activities. She and her dh typed out the day on nice paper and framed it and hung it on the wall!! It's hysterical!

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the ride Emily - sounds like an exciting day nonetheless!