Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Look at that Face

I don't know if you can tell from the scan but younger dd is making the cutest face in this pic -- looking sideways, sneaky grin.

I remember being somewhat freaked out by the stuffed kitty that the photographer (and Grandma) wanted her to hold, thinking about all the kids that had touched it (drooled on it, etc.). But I guess it got the desired effect -- a cute photo of a somewhat rambunctious two-year-old.

On the page: CTMH cardstock & paper, CM letter stickers, ric-rac from somewhere, fabric flowers from I-don't-know-where. Very simple. The color combination is inspired by her dress.

[Note: On all these pages that include large portraits I am purposely either not adhering the entire photo to the page (using only photo corners, as on this layout) or affixing the portrait to the page in such a way that it can be removed in entirety should I someday want to put the photo into a frame.]

[Additional Note: Several design "rules" that are loosely observed on this page. 1) Using threes: two orange flowers + one block of peach = three. 2) division of color: "pint" of blue, "quart" of peach, "gallon" of purple. 3) Focal point (dd's face) is roughly at the top right intersection of (invisible) lines drawn vertically and horizontally dividing the page up in 9 segments. Does that make sense?]
Posted by Picasa

No comments: