Saturday, August 16, 2008

Farmer's Market Report

I stayed up too late again last night (Olympics) and so didn't make it to the farmer's markets until around 9:30. But that didn't seem to be a problem -- lots still available and lots of folks wandering around.

So, I say "farmers markets" because there are two in our town. One has been operating for years in a bank parking lot. The other just started up this spring and is the official county-sponsored market. (A new pavilion was built for it over the winter.) It's just a street or two over from the other, and I enjoy being able to visit both.

Fresh veggies today: white potatoes, a few tomatoes (I'm the only one that enjoys them), several yellow squash, some green apples for another pie. Then I splurged and bought an awesome-looking loaf of cranberry-apple-nut bread AND another loaf of potato-roasted garlic-rosemary bread! I may be inspired to bake some of my own soon. When the weather cools down even more.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Hi, Emily! Thanks for your submission to the Farmer's Market Report! I'll have the next Report up at 10am on this Sat. - Aug 23rd. Hope to see you then!