Saturday, August 09, 2008

Visited the Farmer's Market today

We are lucky in that there are two farmer's markets in our small town. One is sponsored by the county and the other, well, I don't know who sponsors it! Anyway, the more the better I guess. I was encouraged by this post to make a visit this morning. Even though I was up late at older dd's play, picking her up at the after-party, and watching a wee bit of the Olympics.

It was a fairly quick trip. I bought only produce this time: tomatoes, green beans, yellow squash, blackberries, grape tomatoes, white & red potatoes.

(It was tough finding a parking spot due to some kind of cycling event in town... there hundreds of spandex-clad folk roaming around! It reminded me of back in the day when I used to ride 10 miles several times a week, around Marblehead Neck.)

2 comments:

Ellyn said...

Sounds yummy. You can't fresher veggies than at Farmer's Market. Love it

Kerry said...

Thanks for participating in the Farmer's Market Report! I'll have this up each Saturday (mid-day).

www.toeverymeal.blogspot.com

(and the roses really are lovely!)