Thursday, October 09, 2008

Loss for words

All three of my regular readers know me in real life and know that I'm rarely at a Loss for Words. In person that is. But on this blog I often am at a Loss. Just don't know what to say next. (It's that old writer/talker dichotomy. You know, that one.)

I flatter myself that this Loss for Words is because I have So Many Interesting Things To Say that I can't choose one.

Ya think?

Anyway, life is sure interesting these days. What with all the economic crisis-ness, political brouhaha, and "worst since the Great Depression" business. Makes one rather reluctant to open the morning paper or turn on NPR in the car/minivan.

I was also thinking recently that my blog is kind of like my little haven in this rather nutty world. It's my little world within a world, created by me. Hey, I just post what I want to post. And I can ignore a whole bunch of other stuff!

I mean, in over two years, I think I've only ever gotten all complain-y and dramatical twice. Maybe three times, but I only remember twice.

Not sure I've ever done profound at all!

So I don't really want to talk about all that's going on outside of the virtual walls of my little blogdom. I guess I'll stick to what I know about for sure... my family, the kids, homeschooling, scrapbooking, music, flowers, food, travel, the occasional funny story.

Reserving the right, of course, to change my mind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog has influence! You have gotten me addicted to smores! I have to buy more marshmallows and chocolate chips now. Oh, and I did it with Ryan for math, and he must be the only kid in the world who doesn't like smores! They are apparently "hot" and "messy" and so I had to eat his too, while he just ate regular marshmallows and chocolate chips!

Lynn Hasty said...

Emily, I know exactly what you mean about our blogs being little worlds within a world -- and self-created at that! Your blog is lovely. So sweet and creative. Well, it's YOU.

I tend to wax melancholy, but you know I'm that way in real life too. But mostly I like fun, imaginative, and faery-like garden stuff!

Lynn

Emily said...

Thanks for the comments & kind words, ladies. :-)