It's 23 degrees outside this morning. Beautifully crisp & cold. I personally love the change and (as long as the sun is out) don't mind the temperature! Makes the fire in the woodstove and my hot cup of coffee all the more enjoyable...
In other news, 10-year old dd lost another tooth last night. She's got a few more ready to come out. Since the tooth fairy was soooo delinquent last time, she got smart and placed the tooth in a small baggie and taped it to the end of her bed. It seemed to work as the dollar appeared on the first night! Guess the tooth fairy wasn't so busy this time.
Meanwhile ds is burning the midnight oil getting his movie ready for its world premiere on Tuesday night. We had a cast showing last week but there is a lot of work still left to do on sound (effects and balance). And of course getting it ready to burn to DVD, artwork, etc. etc.
I shopped at both HT and TJ yesterday and spent mucho bucks in an attempt to get some FOOD in the house. I don't know about you, but I'm constantly playing catch up in this area... the people in this house EAT! Anyway, the fridge is full, the house freezer is full, the garage freezer is 2/3 full and the pantry & cupboards are full. As I tell my kids on a regular basis, we do NOT live in a house of scarcity, and right now that is abundantly true.
The main reason (besides the upcoming HoLiDaY) for all this grocery shopping is that my brother, sis-in-law, and five nieces & nephews will be visiting with us for most of next week (partly for the holiday and partly because they are in-between living situations and need a place to lay their heads!). We are very excited about having the opportunity to hang out with them for a while.
Older dd is working very hard on all her schoolwork and her skating. She will be receiving a judge's critique tomorrow on her intermediate moves in preparation for testing them in December. I'm so proud of her for working so hard!
Both girls will be competing this weekend in a synchro competition in West Virginia. I am going along and looking forward to seeing them both skate again!
Enjoy your day. More later...

1 comment:
Glad to hear the tooth fairy is late in other people's houses as well! I thought it was just us.
Looking forward to details about the premiere!
Have fun with your relatives!
Post a Comment