Monday, December 29, 2008

More pages from my productive weekend

Apology first to those of you who aren't interested in the fine hobby of scrapbooking. I do understand... there was a time when I was Not Interested either.
At any rate, here are two more pages I completed yesterday. I used CTMH base pages (which are no longer available) and some of my last remaining paper & stickers from their "Sweet Harmony" line (also gone, I think). It's not my favorite layout ever but the story told is extremely special to me.
In 2001 when we were visiting the Boston area (for dh's work) we made a day trip into the city to visit the hospital where older dd spent the first 6 1/2 weeks of her life. (She had open heart surgery there when she was 6 days old.) So anyway, on this random day in June almost 8 years after she was born we showed up at the hospital and were able to find her surgeon, her cardiologist AND her post-surgery (intensive care) nurse! They were ALL there on that afternoon. Dh and I were pretty overwhelmed. I took photos on the same couch where we had sat and prayed and waited for news of her surgery... it was really amazing for us. Dd was a little underwhelmed (hey, she was only 8 at the time) but tolerated everyone make a fuss of her.
So I am happy to get these photos out of the 2001 album and into dd's scrapbook.
Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful and what a wonderful story!