Saturday, February 21, 2009

Beautiful Day

A beautiful February day here in central North Carolina. I spent most of it outside... starting with spreading mulch while my wheelbarrow dude (aka dear husband) moved load after load into place. Then my gardener (aka mom) and carpenter (aka dad) arrived. Mom and I spent some time planning a sewing project and then headed out to clean up the garden beds and spread more mulch. Meanwhile dad built a piece of furniture for me! (It's not quite done. I'll be sure to post a pic when it is!)

It feels great to be outside working after so many weeks inside being sick! I have more to do but we got so much done that I don't feel overwhelmed at all with what's left.

In a bit we are heading out to our friends' Mardi Gras party.

Enjoy your Sunday. See you next week.

2 comments:

MLight said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and that you got outside today. It's been a lovely day!

Lynn Hasty said...

Emily, I'm glad you're feeling better. We had colds here too, but they never got too bad. Just a regular old cold. I know you've been feeling pretty bad. Enjoy these bright days. Spring is coming. The days start out cold, but spring is trying to break through each day now.

I love the pictures of your lenten roses. They are beautiful!

We must get together soon. Could there be a few-week "course" we could plan for spring?

Lynn :)