Saturday, March 14, 2009

7 Quick Takes (1 Day Late)

1. It is RAINING and RAINING here in the Piedmont. We can use it, that's for sure, but it is rather dreary. Temps today are in the mid-30s. That's the way it goes here. Later in the week it'll warm back up into the 70s and all the green will start to happen! I can't wait!

2. Last night we enjoyed our son's drama class recital. It was amazing! There are seven in the class which consisted of 3 guys and 4 girls. They performed scenes from Death of a Salesman, Casablanca, I Love Lucy, The Children's Hour, The Producers, The Glass Menagerie, I Never Sang for my Father, and Driving Miss Daisy, as well as two original fairy tales, a music video, and a musical number ("The Telephone Hour" from Bye Bye Birdie).
We get to go again tonight!

3. We've begun planning for ds's homeschool graduation. I have no words.

4. On Saturday I bought some lettuce plants and put them in pots for the deck. (Of course right now they are in the garage because of all the rain & cold temps...) I have big plans for more deck gardening this year!


5. Last night I made a really awesome spinach salad. Here's the link. I used one bag of pre-washed baby spinach (6 oz I think) and made the dressing for 4 servings. It came out great!

6. Unfortunately I think the L.O.A.D Challenge wore me out for scrapbooking! I've done hardly anything this month. Oh well. I did make a cute card yesterday though, for my cousin & his wife who just welcomed a second son into their family.

7. Skating continues to be a big part of our daily routine. (Well, I don't skate. I just take the girls places so they can skate.) Next weekend older dd will test two Pre-Silver dances: the European and the Foxtrot. In early April younger dd is competing in a regional competition with a Freestyle program and a Showcase. In early May older dd will re-test her Intermediate Moves.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a restful Sunday!

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Better late than never! Thanks for participating, I loved reading your post. Re: #3 -- that is SO exciting! What a feeling of accomplishment that must be. I'm way on the other end of the spectrum, just planning to get started homeschooling my four-year-old.

Also, re: #1, we *finally* got some rain over here as well. We've been in a drought for what seems like forever, so it was very much appreciated.

Have a great rest of the weekend!