Anyway. We had a really good couple of days in PA visiting with family. Highlights included swimming in Grandmom & Grandpop's pool, sleeping in the "block house", an alternative Christian rock festival, and a day at Knoebel's amusement park. Samwise & Maybelle took it all in stride. Plus we got to see my incredibly smart & adorable 2-year old niece.
Tomorrow will be full of more errands (vacuuming out the car because of the fleas, for one) and shopping for needed dorm-room & household items. Ds and older dd will attend "Twelfth Night" on campus in the evening.
This whole my-firstborn-homeschooled-son-is-starting-college thing is surreal and crazy and I feel like I'm living someone else's life right now... but I suppose it will feel differently soon enough.
Here's a pic of us taken a few minutes before we got in the car on Friday morning.
More later.

2 comments:
Glad to hear from you! It seems like I was thinking of you a lot the last couple of days.
BTW, it's just that the surreal and crazy becomes normal...
The first-born-homeschooled-son-in-college thing is strange - and mine's not even living in a dorm. He did actually call me a few times on his new cell phone which he strenuously didn't want to get (just for schedule things). It was amazing how much last minute running around we had to do. He is so enthusiastic about his classes.
I wrote a blog post on it yesterday expecting that he'd be too busy to read it. I left for a walk yesterday evening and he was printing course schedules off on the computer. When I got back, he was reading my post. "You weren't supposed to see that!"
He just smiled at me and replied, "It doesn't surprise me. I know you."
Daughter is driving herself to dance camp this week which means that, for the first time in his 10 1/2 years, younger son has me all to himself for 8 1/2 hours a day (and she's going to be working most of next week too). He's enjoying it (and so am I), but the house feels so large and empty before he wakes up.
Prayers for all of you - such a big change.
Post a Comment