- watched and listened to the marching band practice for a bit (they appear to be doing a medley from West Side Story for this Saturday's game);
- studied the list of endowed chairs established at the University (the names are carved into a wall alongside the library reflecting pool) and found the one my dh holds;
- noted a lovely young lady in a hot-pink quinceanera dress having her picture taken on the steps of the Main building;
- stepped inside the Basilica and sat down for a few moments of total peace and beauty;
- rode over to the Lake and took some photos of the scene before me... a swan or two and a goose acted fairly disappointed that I did not have food;
- chatted for a minute with a student who was heading over to the secluded wood near the Lake to practice on his bagpipe;
- sat for a minute and listened to the service being held at the Grotto;
- got back on my bike and rode through campus, lots of students walking to and fro, made my way over by the Bookstore where there was a nerf-ball dodge-ball tournament in progresss on the basketball courts, watched that for a while;
- rode home.
I really like living so close to campus and I am really liking this time of year in SB. Believe me I know that pretty soon everyone will retreat to the safety of their homes.

No comments:
Post a Comment