Monday, November 23, 2009

Christmas in the U.S.A. (yeah)

Today younger dd and I went out to do some grocery shopping (it being Thanksgiving on Thursday -- you may remember this holiday?).  On the way there I mentioned to dd that we did not have an Advent wreath here in this house and did she think we should go to the craft store and try to find one?

So yah, I bet you know where this post is going.

We opened the door to the above-mentioned store and bam! entered Christmas Decorating Land.  One-fourth of the entire store was taken over.  Entire aisles just for different widths of ribbon.  Millions of ornaments.  Zillions of plasticky, sparkly, green and red things.

It took us forever to find this simple wire Advent wreath form over in the floral department next to the wedding cake stuff and then we finally found the candles we needed in the candle department. 

I know this is a losing battle, I do.  I just have to complain a bit.

p.s.  Excellent post here.  (Thanks to Kerry for the link.)

1 comment:

Lynn Hasty said...

Emily, just popping in to say I miss you. I enjoyed your recent lovely pictures and the scones look yummy.

Lynn