Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner 2009

Here's my menu:
(scroll over text for links to recipes)

Turkey  [I like to use Reynolds Oven Bags.]
Gravy [From scratch of course... whisked together while the turkey rests.]
Mashed Potatoes
Basic Bread Stuffing [I'd load it with all kinds of yummies but my family prefers plain.]
Sweet Potato Casserole
Green Beans w/Almonds [We like Haricorts Verts.]
Sister Schubert's rolls... or I might make these.  [Can't decide.  Depends on if I feel like going out today since I couldn't find the rolls at Martin's and turns out I have to go to Meijer's to get them.] 
Cranberry Sauce [From a can.  Don't be hatin'.]

Pecan pie w/ Vanilla ice cream [I've tried several over years and have concluded that Pioneer Woman's recipe is perfection.]
Pumpkin pie w/ Whipped cream [Always use the tried-and-true recipe from the side of the can.  I solved the Libby's-canned-pumpkin shortage yesterday by a visit to the Farmer's Market where we purchased no less than 6 pie pumpkins.  No shortage of homemade pureed pumpkin in this house!]

1 comment:

Rebekah V. said...

BTW. Pecan pie is my absolute favorite pie and I want you to save me a piece...atleast in spirit.